chunky knitDistressed BoyfriendsOff the Shoulder SweaterRed lipsVans
Off the Shoulder Knit + 15 Best Memories from 2015Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Sweater: The Happy Goose Shop (sold out), Jeans: American Eagle (+ extra DIY distressing), Shoes: Vans, Sunglasses: Ray Bans (on sale!)
You guys, I LOVE this chunky knit sweater. It's from The Happy Goose Shop (such cute stufff!) and it's the coziest.
Here I wore it with a strapless bra but I also wear it with a lace bralette which is super cute too! For me, I like the look when it's off the shoulder because it gives the front a longer appearance than it actually is and adds a bit of flair.
You can definitely dress this sweater up with OTK boots or even a cute pair of pumps if you're heading for a night out. It's no surprise that I paired it with comfy shoes. But did you notice? I ditched the converse for Vans! They are so comfortable and I liked them better in gray than I did the cons. For now, I'll just stick with the white converse. I haven't completely tossed them to the side... do you think I'm crazy?!
So, we're two sleeps away from the New Year. I cannot believe it's almost 2016. I can't believe this is the last year in my 20s. I can't believe my nieces and nephews are growing up so fast. I can't believe that life is just passing us by. How does that happen?
Why do you think time passes much more quickly when you get older? I was always told that it would but I never believed it. I mean, there are the same amount of hours in the day, days in a year. So why? I guess just the busyness and responsibility of adults that make the days pass by faster than when you're a kid. So crazy.
2015 was a good year.
I can't say that it was my best, but it was good. I'm here and I'm healthy and that's enough to be thankful for. I can definitely say that I'm ready for 2016 and all that it will bring.
It's going to be a good year, I can feel it.
Here are 15 of my favorite memories from 2015.
1. Family vacation in Florida. It was fun and it was dysfunctional - just how we like it.
2. Our house is finally coming together. We built a new dining table, bought new sofas and bedroom furniture and changed a few light fixtures. Yay, changes!
3. We got a new pup, Ollie. She's a chocolate lab and although she's tested my patience 100 times (ok, more like 1,000) I do love her and wouldn't return her even if I had the chance.
4. My sister got a new house and we did a ton of shopping! These were probably some of my best laughs of the year.
5. I passed the NCIDQ. I am now a legit Interior Designer (think architecture, not decorating) in the State of Texas. This was the hardest test of my life!
6. My best friend had another baby girl, Harley. She's the sweetest little thing.
7. Chris and I hanging on the back porch at the first sign of cold weather with our hot cocoa and fire pit. My favorite.
8. Making s'mores by the fireplace. We got camping stuff for Christmas and couldn't wait to make some s'mores!
9. Christmas Eve at my Moms. Hanging around the table playing games... okay, gambling. It was great! Grandma won, of course.
10. Baking macarons from scratch for the first time ever. They were so good!
11. Waking up at the crack of dawn to take photos at sunrise. So relaxing and so fun.
12. Visiting New Orleans for work. It's rare that we get to travel in pairs and this time we did. Such a blast.
13. Being featured in Nylon magazine. Still feels like a dream!
14. Being able to spend some great quality time with my friend, Cassidy. She's the quirkiness behind Life on Cass Lane.
15. Surviving year two of blogging.
That's it my friends. 2015 definitely had it's struggles as well but the great memories will always overpower the bad.
How was 2015 for you?
Thanks so much for following along and reading!