I wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day and give a shout-out to my hubs from Cali! I'm here for work, which is exciting because I'm seeing a big job finish, but I also wish I was cuddled with him and my pups for the night.
Good news though, we were able to have a date night this past weekend, so all is well in the world! We saw Fifty Shades of Darker. Um, yes please! Who else went to see Mr. Grey - I mean, the movie? Chris didn't read the books (yeah right, he only reads fishing forums!), but he sure enjoys the movies. Glad I have a hubs that agrees to all of my craziness.
That brings me to my next point. Since it's the 14th of February, I wanted to share 14 things that I love about marriage, and marriage with my high school sweetheart.
1. I have a person. He's my person. He gets me, he knows me.
2. I can reminisce on past experiences and memories, and they include him!
3. I've been able to watch him grow up, become his own. I knew him as a kid, and I get to know him as an adult.
4. I have a committed partner, supporter and lover.
5. I have a built-in blog photographer. This may seem small, but it's oh, so appreciated.
6. He's cute - and I get to look at him everyday. :) Even when I travel - gotta love FaceTime.
7. I can be myself. The good, the bad, the ugly.
8. We've been able to create a life for ourselves that we love. Year one of marriage, we didn't have a damn clue. Four years in, I'd say we're starting to figure it out.
9. We get to travel together. This year we're headed to Jackson Hole for our anniversary. Can't wait!
10. I get to grow old with him.
11. He offers to push me on the shopping cart. And most times he scares the hell outta me. But it's fun, and I think he secretly likes it.
12. We grocery shop together. He doesn't make me do it alone. PTL!
13. He reminds me to pray every night, and insists that we hold hands while doing it.
14. He lifts me up when I've fallen. He wipes my tears, hugs me tight, and tells me everything will be okay. Find that in a guy, and you better snatch him up!
I don't know that I tell Chris enough how much I appreciate him. Life gets busy, and sometimes we pay attention to the things that don't matter.
What I do know, deep in my soul, is that he is my perfect person. He loves me, and I love him. I'm glad he noticed me in our 10th grade science class, and told my friend that he had a crush on me. I guess that blue jean skirt and wedged heels did something for him. Ha!
He's the best. Happy Valentine's Day, babe! And Happy V-Day to all of you lovely peeps. Thanks so much for always reading and supporting. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people!
2017 is off to a dang good start. Let's keep it going!
Powered by Blogger.