boyfriend jeansboyfriend teecasualdistressed jeansJ CrewNikesPacking Listpink lipSummer
Boyfriends and Sneaks + An Emergency BagWednesday, August 5, 2015
Tee: Kohls (my favorite! On sale for $12.99 - multiple colors)
Nikes: J. Crew (old), another color way here
So this is what I wear on the weekends when I'm running errands. Especially errands to Home Depot. After all, a linen closet doesn't build itself!
But just because it's a casual outfit doesn't always mean it has to be boring. In this instance, I was excited to mix it up with some cool sneaks and a good ole hat!
So this past Thursday I got an unexpected phone call for a family emergency and had to jump up, change from my PJs and head to the hospital.
When I arrived to pick up my sister she comes out of the house with not one, but two bags. I'm talking two full bags. How she whipped them together that quickly I'll never know, but she did and she was prepared. From sudoku to cross word puzzles and even a sweater for me.
I was giving her crap for packing me a sweater, like "what, you think I'm still 16"?! But.. I love it. She had my back and was definitely prepared for the night.
And it got me thinking. If you were stranded in the car for hours or had to leave unexpectedly for an emergency - would you have what you need to spend a night away from home? My sister, yes. Me, not so much.
Some of you may already have this down and if so, kudos to you. But those of you who are more like me below is a list of 10 items I think would be good for an emergency bag, nicely tucked in the trunk of your car.
1. Cross word puzzles, sudokus, magazines, a book. Something to keep you entertained besides your phone. There's only so much social media to catch up on. And that brings me to my next point.
2. A phone charger. As much as we all need a day without our phones, it's important to be fully charged and ready for action.
3. A sweater.
4. A blanket and a pillow. Or at least just a blanket.
5. Snacks. In our instance we were at the hospital. Hospital food isn't the greatest and let's get real, the vending machine food isn't that incredible either. And you're paying double it's worth.
6. Extra cash. Let's not get crazy, no need to stash $100 somewhere in your car, but maybe a 20. A 10 would even work. Just something.
7. Headphones. Not to be rude, but if you're anything like us and get stuck with the overly chatty room neighbors... well, headphones.
8. Toothbrush and toothpaste. Enough said.
9. Face wipes.
10. A change of clothes. My recommendation: yoga pants and t shirt.
These are in no special order, obvi. I mean, clothes and general hygiene items should definitely be at the top of the list, ha! But seriously I think it's a good idea for all of us to be prepared, right?!
And you thought this was just a style blog. Welcome!
Until next time.