Hey, y'all! One more sleep and it's time for Thanksgiving! Yay.
I'm overly excited about Thanksgiving. One - I'm in need of a chill day with family, two - I'm ready to grub down on some good food and three - we can put up our Christmas tree... and play Christmas music!
There is so much goodness happening these last couple of months, it makes me so happy! This is by far my favorite time of year.
But anyway, let's get to the outfit post. So have you seen that velvet is everywhere right now? And I mean everywhere! Shoes, tops, dresses, bottoms (if you dare) and even accessories! Sometimes I'm pretty bold and I'll wear something unexpected, but I haven't fully jumped on the velvet train.
Keyword - fully.
My choker is velvet and it's pretty damn amazing if I do say so myself. The color - I'm dying. And we know how I feel about chokers. No need to elaborate.
Honestly, without the choker I feel like this look is pretty basic. A striped sweater and OTK boots - all I'm missing is my Starbucks cup. Don't fret - you can catch that in last week's post. Ha!
This choker would also pair great with a black dress and a cute pair of pumps. I feel like I'm saying this on repeat, but perfect for the holidays! Burgundy and velvet... what's not holiday about that?!
Also, if you don't have a pair of over-the-knee boots yet you're missing out. They are so freakin' incredible! The pair well with everything and make you feel a little bit sassy. A few of my favorites linked here, here and here.
Now, since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I want to share a bit about what I'm thankful for this year. At church on Sunday our pastor talked about a family who has had one hell of a year (and not in a good way). He went on to say that he received an email from the family - their Thankful email.
This touched me. After all they've gone through (and I don't know the details), whether good or bad, they send an email each year of the things they are "thankful" for. Now if we all took a minute to do that, imagine what the world would look like. It got me thinking, so here are my Top 5 items.
1. I'm thankful for our struggle with infertility. But how can I be thankful? Yeah, it's hard for me to admit, too. Either way, I can confidently say that it has challenged me and Chris in ways that I never thought possible. This year has been one of the greatest years of our marriage, and I'm beyond thankful for that.
2. Family. Similar to the above, my family has stood by my side stronger than ever. My Mom and Sister specifically - I will never be able to repay them for what they've given to me. The most love, genuine honesty and support I could have ever imagined.
3. New opportunities. I'm turing a page with my blog that I love. I joined a great community and started taking it more seriously. Also, twelve TEN. We launched twelve TEN and it's been absolutely incredible. Who knew I'd be a business owner?!
4. Church. Chris and I got away from church and recently started going back. It makes me happy, and my heart feels full. I'm thankful for a church family, and friends, and a husband who nudged me to get back on track.
5. Health. Although I have struggled with infertility this year, I've also overcome a few sicknesses that I hope never return. Shingles is marked off the list, so maybe I don't have to worry about it when I'm 50? Ha! More importantly, the stomach issues that I was previously struggling with seem to have leveled out. Nothing like being able to enjoy a full day without nausea.
What are you thankful for this year? And what plans do you have for Thanksgiving?
Shop the post!
Until next time.