Hey, friends! It's a new year - 2017. PTL! 2016 was a beast and I'd like to put it behind me as much as possible.
I was hoping it would end on an incredible note, but update - still no baby. We're hanging in there though and I know He has big things planned for 2017. We'll keep you updated on the process; I think we'll be moving forward with our next option now that we're in a new year. Plus, we've given Clomid a chance, and maybe it's not meant for my body.
Positive mind. Positive life.
At least that's how I am planning to start (and end) 2017. I feel like I lost myself a bit in 2016 and for 2017 I'm ready to dig deep into my soul to find what I'm longing for. I need my happiness back, and with that, are some things that I've been thinking about.
I don't like to say that I will start each of these today, or even set them as official NY resolutions. Why? Because that's usually setting yourself up for failure. I just want to work on some things, and when I stopped to think about my life and what I feel like I've lost or let fade away - these were at the top of my list.
- Be happy - stress less. Remember the book about more soulful living that I mentioned in this post? Yep, I need to pull it back out. I started it and then life got busy. I don't want to let the busyness of life take over. I want to enjoy each day and not focus all of my attention or worry on getting pregnant.
- Enjoy moments with my family. Like I said, 2016 was a bitch. It really was. I was talking to Chris and telling him that I feel like I didn't stop and fully enjoy time with my family. If it wasn't me not feeling well, it was being tired, or too busy. I don't like that. Family is the most important thing in life and I do not want to take them for granted. Christmas made me so happy - it was exactly how things used to be. We laughed, we talked, we played games. What's better?
- Bridge the gap with my brother. Not that there's a huge gap, but we definitely don't talk as much as we used to. We're both married - we both have our own separate lives, but my brother is someone that can put a smile on my face in a heartbeat. I love laughing with him, I love being around him. We didn't have near enough of that this year. But you know what, I got to witness him getting married in 2016 and that was perfect. My goal is to plan dinner, or even send a text every once and a while. Heck - I think I should start planning monthly dates with my brother and sister. The three of us. How incredible would that be?!
- Be healthy. This includes working out, eating healthy, beauty routine - a ton of things. I mean, we have an at-home gym now... um, no excuses! But really, I want to try Whole 30 at some point in 2017. I'm curious to watch my body adjust to the different lifestyle and see how I feel about it. I hear incredible things. I'm tired of being tired - and what better than healthy eating and exercise to help with that? One thing I don't want though - I don't want to go so hard left to where I can't have a cookie, or maybe a latte (yeah, that's my weakness). I still want to enjoy sweets AND QUESO, but I want to do it in moderation. So, any advice? How do I kick start being healthy and actually stay motivated to do so? Update: since I wrote this post I signed up for Kayla's BBG program... and completed one workout. Yeah!
- Essentail Oils. Can you say Stress Away and Peace and Calming? Yep, I placed an order this weekend. I used to apply oils on the daily - and call my crazy, they worked. Or at least made me feel less stressed. Hey, whatever it takes - right?! Also, Lavender is freakin' amazing and makes me, Chris and the dogs sleep like a baby. But do babies sleep well? I never understood that saying. Ha!
- Continue focusing attention on the blog and twelve TEN. Both of these are equally important to me, and I love how they're growing. Something I enjoy doing and keep my creative juices flowing. I noticed in 2016 that my posts that were the most engaging always had to do with life updates and our fertility journey. If that's what you guys like, that's what I want to share more of. I don't want the blog to get stuck in a "style" rut, but I also don't want to be all over the place. I want the blog to reflect my typical life, and also inspire others. Is that too much to ask?
- Travel with my guy. We didn't take a trip in 2016, mostly because of surprise illnesses that I had. I want to do stuff this year, and even the years to come. It doesn't have to be a week-long trip, and it doesn't have to be abroad. There is so much to see in the US and so many weekends to make that happen. A quick weekend trip to clear our minds? A baby-moon? Sounds incredible, yeah? A family trip would also be fun this year. It's been a minute since we've all traveled together.
There are many other things that I want to work on and incorporate into my life, but those are some that have been weighing heavy on my heart.
Ultimately, I want to enjoy 2017 - the good and the bad. I want to watch the sunset, cuddled with Chris, with my favorite song on and no phone in sight. That is what I want.
What are you guys working toward this year? I hope it's an incredible one for you and I'm sending good vibes your way!
Until next time.